Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Beavering away

a 'working drawing' for Aerial Painting
When I work on a composition, I tend to forget about the difficulty involved in executing certain brushstrokes. I want to be a better painter! I want to be able to move my brush with skill and precision so that I can execute my ideas perfectly! At the moment, I am mapping out a new painting and have figured out the climactic point within the composition (yes, it is very much like music!). I just know that I will be very nervous when it comes time to make the actual painting. Such is the thrill and challenge of a new painting, every time. I am so thankful to have all my faculties intact and enjoying work like this.

And you know what? It helps to have Pulp and other 90s pop music playing in the background! :-)

No comments: